Christian Values - Academic Excellence
Providing your child the attention they need
for the education they deserve!
Outstanding academics using modern technology.
Excellent Student / Teacher ratio.
Connecticut State Certified Teachers.
Contemporary teaching methods.
Christian values and morality.
Pre-K (ages 3&4) through 8th grade.
Before & After school care available.
Financial Assistance available.
The Saint Mary Summer Program runs MONDAY through Friday from 8 am until 5 pm. Children participate in a daily art session, music session and movement or gym. Weeks have a theme and afternoons are spent swimming or at the playground. For more information, visit www.stmarynewington.com or call 860-666-3844.
June 15, 2015
Friday’s Principal’s Newsletter was rather lengthy (sorry about that!), so I left out a few highlights that I will now share with you.
1.“STEP-UP” Day – MONDAY, JUNE 15 – In order for our current students to get a preview of what’s in store for them next year, we held our annual grade-level “Step-Up” today. Students learned more about the academic expectations and special activities that they have to look forward to.
2. MORE AWARDS – WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17 - 4th Quarter Honor Roll and Perfect Attendance Certificates will be presented on Wednesday morning after morning prayer in the gym. Please join us if you can.
3. SUMMER WORK PACKETS – Completion of the summer work packet is an expectation for all students in grades 1 through 8 to insure that learning continues over the summer and that regression can be held to a minimum. Please support this effort on the home front. Summer packets will be given to students to bring home on or before Wednesday, June 17th. If the packet doesn’t make it home, you can contact the office for a replacement copy. Your child’s teachers will be collecting and grading the packet on the day they return to school from summer vacation.
4. SUPPLY LISTS –Supply lists will also be sent home with your child on or before Wednesday, June 17th. If you need a replacement copy, contact the school office.
5. LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17 – Our final day is Wednesday, June 17. A legal-length day is scheduled (12:20 p.m. dismissal). Your child will be bringing home his/her final report card on that day.
6. SUMMER OFFICE HOURS – The main office will be open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during the summer break between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. If you need to conduct business outside of these days/hours, please call before coming to make sure I will be here to assist you.
7. START-UP INFO – For students in grades K – 8, the 2015-16 school year will start on Wednesday, August 26and on Monday, August 31 for Pre- K children. A copy of the 2015-16 school year calendar is attached.
Thanks again for great year and have an enjoyable summer!