Pre-Kindergarten 3 Year Old Program
Our main goal is to set a strong foundation for your child to embark on a life long journey of learning. Although oral language, phonological and letter awareness, concept of print, mathematical thinking, science and social studies are introduced personal and social development is of the upmost importance in our Pre-K 3 program. Your child will be introduced and immersed in a structured classroom environment.
Program Times/Offerings are as follows:
- M, W, F 1/2 day – 8:30 to 11:30;
- Monday through Friday – 8:30 to 11:30;
- M, W, F Full day – 8:30 to 2:30;
- Monday through Friday full day – 8:30 to 2:30.
– Parents provide a small snack for half day students.
– Parents provide a small snack and lunch for full day students.
– Hot lunch can be purchased on a monthly basis.
– Milk can also be purchased (notice and order forms for milk are given to parents at beginning of school year.
Some examples of personal and social development
- Sits and listens during circle time
- Follows classroom routine/instructions
- Cares for environment and materials
- Follows simple directions related to task
- Completes tasks within reasonable time
- Cooperates and shares with peers
- Participates in small and large group activities
- Begins to play well with others
- Values work
- Displays self-confidence
- Exhibits good health habits and manners
- Replaces materials; cleans up own activity area
- Begins to manage transitions